- No upcoming events available
The Molinari Quartet's Fifth International Competition for Composition
The Molinari Quartet is pleased to announce its Fifth International Competition for Composition for string quartet.
· Candidates must be 40 years old or less as of April 1st 2012, the due date for registration.
· The work must not exceed 20 minutes.
· Only works for string quartet that have neither been performed professionnally nor published as of April 1st 2012 shall be accepted.
· Scores must be received by the Molinari Quartet at the latest April 1st 2012. (The post
· Registration fees of $25 CAN must accompany all scores.
· A candidate may submit more than one work, but each work must be sent separately.
· Parts and scores shall remain the property of the Molinari Quartet.
· The candidate must send a score as well as separate playing parts to the Molinari Quartet.
· All scores must be sent anonymously; only a pseudonym can appear on the score pages.
· The candidate shall also send a sealed envelope bearing his or her pseudonym which will contain his or her name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, resumé as well as a statement as to the fact that the work is yet unpublished and that it has never been performed.
· The composer whose work has been chosen as one of the winning compositions, will not receive any extra payment for the execution or recording of the work.
· The winners of the competition commit themselves to find the necessary funding for a stay in Montreal to work with the Molinari Quartet and assist to the performance in the 2012-2013 season.